Friday, April 8, 2011

IFJM Post #1 - Meet Tessa

Tessa is the artist I will be fake journaling for this month. A fake journal is a way to explore your own artist soul from a different perspective. Tessa was an accomplished artist before she had a stroke. Her very smart physical therapist enticed her to do her therapy using an art journal.

{click to enlarge}

I'm doing Tessa's journal completely left-handed (I'm a righty) and I find it generates even more empathy for folks who have to retrain their brains. Wow - just a short time working and my brain and hand cramp!

Thanks so much for stopping by. Tessa's work will continue to be posted here throughout the month. If you're interested in doing a fake journal, click the doggie button up on the left to find out more.

Ciao!
♥ky

5 comments:

  1. A very ambitious endeavor! I thought about it but decided that would just be beyond me...so I'm writing in cursive instead of my normal block capitals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! painting and writing lefty. I don't think I could do it. I fell and injured my right arm on Saturday, and I've had trouble getting dressed, making lunch, etc. I too have an appreciation for people who have lost the use of their dominant hand.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea for a journal. I think we've all tried working with our non dominant hand at some point and know how hard it can be. This should be interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great fake journal concept, and I love your idea to give yourself a challenge to reflect the challenge your character is facing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm late in checking out the IFJs, but I am glad to have come across yours... a challenging character, but it sounds like challenge is not new to you. Hope you have fun with it.

    ReplyDelete