Friday, August 23, 2013

Fabric Flags

Hello! Today begins a new week of Mix-Ability challenges on Splitcoast Stampers. We are encouraging people to play with their products in a way that mixes media beyond what the central focus is for cards in general. Any form of project is welcomed in these challenges, so get out your art journal and play along!

This week's challenge is by Birgit, who lays down the gauntlet of using fabric in your design. I just love playing with fabric, so I'm confident I'll play this challenge more than once! Here's what I created:


What pirate doesn't need flags? The image is Amora by Terra Bidlespacher, and the sentiment is from one of Tim Holtz through Stampers Anonymous. I love it - "Imagination is more important than knowledge for while knowledge defines all we currently know and understand, imagination leads us to all we might yet discover and create." I think that is so true!

I hope you get a chance to play along. It's free, and you can upload your project to the gallery to see what everyone thinks about your work. It's a very kind and encouraging collection of crafters, so don't be afraid.

I hope to get more regular at posting to this blog. I have a lot of things to share with you. Thanks for visiting, and I would love to hear from you.

Ta for now,
~ky

Paper: 7 Gypsies and Gina K Designs
Ink: Distress inks (water activated), Copic markers, Memento dye ink.
Stamps: Terra Bidlespacher (Amora), Tim Holtz via Stampers Anonymous (Mini Ornate, Air Travel)
Fabric: Creative Imaginations, misc bakers twine.

No comments:

Post a Comment