Thursday, December 22, 2011

A New Deal

Hey friends!

I was in the studio playing today, and it occurred to me that I really enjoy new techniques. I've also noticed journal work is slightly more appealing than cards at the moment. I think it was the big push to get Christmas cards and the like done. I'll be making cards again before long. Still - I want to capitalize on this journal fascination while I can.

I found an intriguing piece of art that I fell instantly, deeply in love with. I am a very geometric girl - absolutely love trigonometry and graphic design. Take a peek - now remember I DO NOT OWN AND DID NOT CREATE THIS PIECE. If you click on it, it should take you to the owner's blog, Journal Fodder Junkies.

Property of Eric at Journal Fodder Junkies blog
(used with permission)
The artist, Eric, used Derwent inktense and Prismacolor pencils to create this stunning piece. I pulled out my Canson Mixed Media journal and created the following using a slightly broader range of colors.


It is very much still a work in progress. I know I have a lot more to do and lots more practice to get anywhere close to Eric's ability, but it is quite satisfying to attempt. I used Derwent's graphitint, watercolor and inktense pencils and my water brush.

So, my new deal is this - I will do my best to post a new technique or something to get your muse working every week of the new year. If you have ideas or questions you'd like to see addressed, post them in the comments. I would be delighted to have you join me in this creative journey this year. If you try any of the things I suggest, please leave me a link to your work so I can enjoy your process too.

Now - go on and have yourself a Merry Holiday and a prosperous and healthy New Year!

Ta!
♥ ~ky

No comments:

Post a Comment