Tuesday, December 20, 2011

A Little Art

I have been working in the art journal a little more lately. I spent all of November writing my novel, and most of December recovering. I wore myself completely out attending write ins and traveling to relatives' houses. Since I am spending a little more time in the recliner than in the studio, I thought I would share what art I've made.


I sketched Lady Green Eyes in pencil, then colored over that with a wash of neocolor II's water soluble wax pastels. I love her - I hope you do too!


This page is a collection of the flotsam of November - bits and pieces from my travels and accomplishments during National Novel Writing Month. I applied watermark ink through a stencil, and rubbed pan pastels over it (right page). The left page is acrylic paint over grey gesso, then layered with a receipt from Chipotle. We did our write ins largely at Caribou coffee shops, and shared a lunch at Chipotle's after we were done. I made a couple of tags with distress inks which will hold my journaling about the experience.


This spread is about a song that means so much to me. I sprayed diluted distress ink in a variety of colors all over these two pages, then covered that in salt and let it dry. I used some fluid acrylics in gold around the edges, and to trace some random shapes.


Close up of the salted background and a little of the lyrics. I used Sumi-e ink with my nib pen. I haven't written with my nib pen in so long. I really enjoyed it and need to remember to do more of that.

So - that's what I've been up to lately. Thanks for taking a moment to visit!

Ta!
♥ ~ky

No comments:

Post a Comment