Friday, December 20, 2013

Things to Do

Ok, so it's been since September that I've posted. Where does the time go? I'm going to try to do better - do I say that every post? Hahahaha!

My friend Tiffany Johnson gave us a mixed media challenge this week to use modeling paste on a project. I adore mixed media, and textures just make me so happy. Here's my card:


I mixed my texture paste on my craft sheet using two Dylusions colors squeezed orange and calypso teal (love those combinations!). I pressed them through my Heidi Swapp stencil, then found Bazzill paper to match. I punched the paper hearts (on the left side), and stitched them into a kite with a fun tail.

I stamped Tami Mayberry's Simple Hearts 'love' sentiment, embossed it with Zing fluorescent neon amber embossing powder, but it didn't match well. So, I fixed it! I carefully painted over the embossed image with gesso, then painted squeezed orange Dylusions spray over the gesso. Much better!

The base paper is Gina K Design's cardstock, Smokey Slate. I hope you get inspired to play along. Splitcoast Stampers is a wonderful, free papercrafting community. I'd love to see you there!

Ta for now,

~ky

No comments:

Post a Comment