Friday, March 29, 2013

Mix-Ability

Hello my friends! I want to tell you about an awesome new mixed-media challenge site. Splitcoast Stampers has a challenge specifically for getting to know and use mixed media methods for making cards. BUT you can easily follow along using your art journals! It's called the mix-ability challenge. Here's a project I did for one of them.


At first, I was resistant to the idea of using these techniques for cards. Why? I don't know - maybe my OCD is showing! This was the first challenge, called Yin Yang, to use something shiny (here it's the embossing powder, shiny ribbon, and rhinestones) and something matte (I used matte brads, and Pan Pastels). See? Easy and fun challenges!

So what are you waiting for? Run on over and check it out. If you make a project for any of the challenges - come back and link me so I can see and show you some love! Remember, these do NOT have to be cards, and they are just for fun, so get going!

Ta for now,
~ky

Recipe:
Cardstock, Gina K Designs
Patterned paper: Basic Grey, Wisteria
Images, Gina K Designs Bold and Beautiful
Inks, Versamark, Memento
Brads, ribbon and rhinestones: Basic Grey, Making Memories, Michaels
Coloring, Pan Pastels
Embossing powder, Ranger, Inc.

No comments:

Post a Comment