Sunday, December 22, 2013

It's The Most Wonderful Time of the Year

It is a wonderful time of year! Maybe not the most wonderful (I like Easter a little better because it's not as commercialized) but still a great season. I love the shiny, the singing, the slightly breathless anticipation of what's to come. This year, I made more Christmas cards than I usually do. We've also spent more time in the hospital than ever before with my Dad. I also am an active choir member, which I think adds so much to this season in particular.

So, let me share some of my Christmas cards between now and new year's day. I'm also going to be ramping up the Valentine's cards, because our Operation Write Home deadline for those comes on New Year's Eve. I really enjoy sharing the love of OWH! If you enjoy cards, but don't have the time or inclination to make them - you can participate by donating toward the postage fees (we pay to ship them to our heroes), or by writing letters to encourage service-members far from home. Here's a link for you: OWH AnyHero Mail.


This card is a shaker card. That means the center piece is filled with glass crystals and glass beads so you can shake it and see motion. I love these kinds of cards, and snow globes just exemplify the winter season. I used 2 types of embossing powder - one with glitter, even! LOL Yes, I hate glitter - the herpes of the craft world!

I hope your Christmas season is shaping up the way you want. I hope you experience the magic and love of the season. Be sure to share the love!

Ta for now,
~ky

Recipe: Cardstock, Gina K Designs
Patterned paper: Basic Grey Eskimo Kisses, Carolee's Creations Snowball Fight
Stamps: Stampin' Up! Truly Grateful; Gina K Designs Season's Greetings
Die: Spellbinder's Lotus
Embossing powder: Stampin' Up! Sky Blue; Stampendous Winter Wonderland
Gina K Design's Buttons
Beading twine and miscellaneous rhinestones, Making Memories frame, May Arts ribbon, Art Institute glass glitter, misc glass beads.

No comments:

Post a Comment